Would it be weird to pretend that I haven't been missing from the blog for the past....SIX months? Yes? In that case, let's just start over.
Welcome to the baby, naturally LLC blog!
I launched my site back in August 2009 and have been plodding away at figuring out how in the world to manage a small business AND a 16 month old child from home at the same time. Luckily, with some sage accounting advice from my dad, some inventory tweaks, and a lot of late night packaging sessions, I think I am back in gear.
I thought I'd relaunch the blog with a little earth friendly demonstration:
Why line dry?
- Reduces energy use--no running the dryer.
- Keeps the house cooler--again, no running the dryer.
- The sun acts as an all natural bleaching agent on any unfortunate stained diapers...
- Helps extend the life of your elastic by not running them through the high heat of your dryer.
- Shells and covers will actually dry in about 15 minutes outside in the summer months here in Texas.
The prefolds and inserts can get pretty cardboard-stiff like on the line. After they are dry, I toss them in the dryer with a large bath towel on fluff or low heat for about 10 minutes and they loosen right up.
We do not have the luxury of a full clothesline in our yard (bizarre HOA regulation...), but I find the drying rack does just fine outdoors. If it is super windy, I just brace the base and it is good to go.
In the next week, I will be introducing a brand new product line! I am really excited about it and will be having a giveaway (been awhile since we've had one of those!) in celebration. Be sure to check back!
(thanks for sticking around and following this much neglected blog throughout the past 1/2 year...I appreciate it!)